If you are planning to rent a car, you are probably wondering about rental car insurance in San Antonio, TX. If you’ve ever rented a car, you have definitely encountered this option as the rental car company encouraged you to sign up for coverage.
But is this really necessary? Is it possible that you have rental car insurance already? In many cases, opting for rental car insurance from the rental company results in duplicate coverage. Here’s the scoop:
- Duplicate auto coverage: Your current auto policy may include rental car insurance in San Antonio, TX. Of course, this depends on your policy. If car rentals are a regular part of your travel or work plans, it’s good to ensure that your policy includes this coverage. Consult with your insurance provider to confirm, but many policies automatically extend coverage to a rental vehicle.
- Duplicate medical coverage: If you have health insurance, the rental company’s policy may also duplicate this coverage. Why pay for insurance to provide for your medical bills when your health insurance would do this anyway?
- Duplicate liability coverage: Of course, you want to be covered if you cause an accident that results in a personal injury to another party. However, many auto insurance policies include liability coverage. In fact, many areas require this coverage as part of your basic policy. Make sure you aren’t duplicating this coverage with rental car insurance in San Antonio, TX.
- Duplicate property coverage: Are you worried about your personal belongings that you plan to store in the rental car? If you have homeowner’s or renter’s insurance, this probably covers your personal property. If your items are damaged in an accident or stolen, your other policy likely covers replacement. Verify with your insurance agent that your homeowner’s policy includes these situations.
- Exceptions: Keep in mind that not all situations are covered by your other policies. For example, if you will be using the car for business, your homeowner’s and personal car insurance in San Antonio, TX probably won’t apply. Before you rent a car, be sure to check with your insurance provider to determine what exceptions are included in your policies.
- Complete coverage: If you want to ensure that you are fully insured, simply include this coverage in your policy with your main insurance provider. A full policy will typically encompass all your rental needs.
Rest assured with your rental
For comprehensive protection that gives you peace of mind and doesn’t duplicate your coverage, partner with the professionals at Pan American Insurance, Inc. We offer the expertise our customers need with our 30-plus years of experience. Our representatives are licensed for both casualty and property claims and work with over 20 different insurance companies to ensure the best prices and rates. We offer policies that include rental car insurance in San Antonio, TX. This complete coverage is available with a full policy only, not on a call-in, daily basis. To find out more about how we can meet all your insurance needs, contact our team today.
Categorised in: Car Insurance